If you are as excited as we are about 3 Cords and want to get more involved, here’s some ways you can do that:
1. PRAY. Pray for the women by name- Marie Maude, Dorce, Lesroinise, Love, Nadege, Denise, Gernise, Rosenie, Fafane, Elphine, Natacha, Sandra, Chiméne, Jasmine, Adeline,Darlyne, Daphnee, Hudson, and Guy. Pray that God would protect them to and from work every day (tap taps can be difficult with prosthetic legs!), that He would continue to provide for them and their families, and that God would continue to create a sense of family within 3 Cords. Pray that He would grow the business so we could hire more women and men as well. If you would like to join 3 Cords prayer team and get weekly e-mail updates on how to specifically pray sign up here.
2. BUY 3 CORDS PRODUCTS. This one goes without saying, but buy lots of 3 Cords stuff when you are down in Haiti or online! Bring them home as gifts for you, your friends, your sisters, your mom, your mom’s mom, your mom’s sisters, your friends’ mom’s sisters, and don’t forget your great aunt Sally!
3. DONATE SUPPLIES. On your next trip to Haiti, stuff some of the following in your suitcase and bring it down to 3 Cords one morning. (Please give it to Marie Maude, the supervisor, in 3 Cords, at the bottom of the hill).
-Fabric at least a yard long, either solid or with a pattern, anything you like, really! :o) We always use lots and lots of fabric!
-Cute buttons (no super bright plastic ones, please)
-Interfacing (medium weight, iron on)
-Mini hot glue guns
-Mini hot glue sticks
Don’t forget: Every week, Michael’s, Joann’s, and Hobby Lobby have 40% off coupons!
4. HELP SPREAD THE WORD. Please Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pin our stuff to Pinterest, etc. And then tell your friends about us. Or as we like to say, Like it, Tweet it, Pin it, and Repeat!
5. STAY UPDATED. Join our mailing list and stay up to date when we release new products.
6. BECOME A CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE FOR YOUR HIGH SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITY. The Campus Rep program helps spread the word about 3 Cords to campuses across the nation. If you are a high school or college student and you love 3 Cords and want more people in community to learn about our mission, please e-mail 3cordshaiti@gmailto learn more about the Campus Rep program and to get an application today!
You can also recommend 3 Cords products to shops around your home, and encourage them to buy from us wholesale. In order for us to grow and hire more women, we need more outlets to sell more products, and we could really use your help with this!
Also, in the near future, we are going to begin looking for 3 Cords advocates who want to host 3 Cords parties in their homes, churches, or schools. This means we would send you tons of 3 Cords products and an information packet with all the marketing materials that you’ll need to host a successful party. If you’re interested in being a 3 Cords advocate and hosting a party, please email email@example.com and we’ll contact you ASAP.